May 23, 2017

Pregnancy Diary.

Assalamualaikum and hi,

I wanted to write about this journey since my early pregnancy days. Excited, of course. Too bad I always procrastinate and I did not have much me-time to blog about it.

Reaching my 38th week of pregnancy; it's been a roller coaster ride. Thankful that the morning sickness days had passed (experienced this only during first trimester and beginning of second trimester and it was really horrible and painful but I survived!). Secondly I am thankful for that I did not have much cravings for food. I will be okay and not be mad if my cravings is not fulfilled. *pats self*

I complaint and rant mostly about how much we lack in humanity; that is during my experience traveling to office everyday. Taking the train is my only option as driving and parking at my office area is costly. My tummy is as small as I am, that makes it unnoticeable. Up to my sixth month of pregnancy, my tummy is obvious already. I will always ask nicely for a seat and say thank you but some people just don't care and very ignorant. They peek and continue playing with phone and pretend to sleep. There's a case where this guy even show me to go to the red seating zone (priority seats) instead of offering his seat. That is when I decided to take the less-crowd train and willing to miss few trips so that I can have my seat.

During my third month, I 'black-out' and fainted in the train. Maybe I'm not lucky to get peoples empathy. Maybe people think that carrying a baby in your tummy is just like lifting a heavy box/ball or something. Some even compare that they were okay during their pregnancies. Every women experience pregnancies differently so why can't society understand?

One thing that worries me is my scoliosis but I hope to give birth normally. It annoys me that I can't really sleep at night and always wanted to pee; but it's really amazing when the baby kicks and moves inside you. I enjoy it so much and I will surely miss this moment when the baby is out.

Emotional support is surely important right now. I hope I will be doing fine during my confinement period because I don't know how it will be like; won't be able to do heavy chores and eat like I always do since it will be during the fasting and raya month so I wish myself all the best. Hah!

Preparing the baby registry is super fun. Hopefully we have shopped and covered most of the baby items already. I am not sure whether I am fully ready or not. But when the time comes, I will know and let's be prepared for whatever it takes.

Not sure of what else to write. I am currently waiting at the hospital for my weekly check up. So far everything is good. Baby is good (and kicking hard). Mommy and daddy are also good. We are excited for our first child and it's about time anytime now. We are ready whenever you are ready, ok baby? :)

No comments: