Oct 18, 2020

Pregnant, beranak and pantang 2.0

Assalamualaikum and hi, 

All praises to Allah I have safely delivered our second baby girl on Friday, 2 October 2020 at 5.34pm. As I am writing this down, baby girl is 16 days old which also means I am on day 16 of confinement. We named her Irsa Inara. :)

When the first MCO started in March, I was already pregnant; and I am really thankful with the work from home arrangement. It’s just that I had to juggle between family and work since I need to take care of my first born while working from home. The WFH arrangement continues until my very last day of work before I pop and my Gynae gave me MC for 2 weeks to ‘standby’. I only went to office once to fix my broken laptop. 

I had a smooth pregnancy journey this time compared to the first; less nausea, less work stress (thank you WFH!). I enjoyed doing house chores. Yes, doing house chores is tiring but I enjoy it. I guess that’s the nature of a woman/mother. I get to pray (solat) like normal throughout pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Aira, I already had to solat duduk from month-6 onwards. One thing that I didn’t do much with second pregnancy is exercise. Probably because the WFH thing and I don’t have a big space at home to walk as much as I do if I go to office. Inara really enjoyed staying inside mommy’s hotel uterus until week 39, I think because I ate sweet things a lot hehe. 

It took about 10 hours waiting in the labor room on that Friday and the final contraction game (read: pain) started around 4pm before I pushed for 15-20 minutes at around 5pm. I can say that it was a smoother experience than my first baby delivery but the labor pain still feels the same. I am thankful for my husband for all the support he gave. I know that he is also tired but he never complains. We got discharged from the hospital the next day. 

First 2 weeks of confinement was just okay. Currently I am staying at mom’s house to make things easier for me as I get the help not just from husband (and Aira!) but also from mother and little brother hehe. It’s just that the weather is so hot now that makes me feel like I need to go back to our house pronto. If you read about malay confinement tradition, this hot weather is actually good for the mother. But not for me cause its killing me emotionally. Haha. For now whatever pantang that I can do I will do; wearing socks and ‘bengkung’, not eating those ‘berangin, gatal’ food and drinking ice. But I miss my frappuccino already. :(

I booked the confinement lady for 14 days this time. I still have another 6 days to go with her. In the morning she will help to bath and massage Inara before mommy’s massage and ‘bertungku’ session. In the evening my husband will take over to bath Inara and I am super thankful that this time I get to have my rest and no need to bath my baby yet. I also ordered some confinement food to standby so that my mother doesn't have to cook or cook separately for me whenever she is tired. I also would like to thank my little brother for helping whenever I ask him to. 

I am still adjusting having two kids but Aira really shows her excitement and she loves her sister so much that she doesn’t get jealous whenever I need to attend or prioritise Inara before her. She’s being really helpful instead. It’s just that she might be a little bored because I don't bring much of her toys to my mom’s house and all she requested is watching youtube and I am fine with it cause we don’t have TV at our home so let her enjoy her screen time for this one month. 

Managing Inara is easier as she doesn’t cry much at this stage (yet) or maybe we are pro already since we experienced with Aira before hehe. The only thing is that she loves to be awake at night which makes mommy and ayah a zombie and that’s tiring. I successfully breastfeed Aira until she’s almost 3 years old so I hope and pray that I can do the same with Inara. It’s like back to square one parenting but upgraded myself and husband with experience. 

A long post this time because I just want to write this wonderful journey that is to be remembered. Thank you for your wishes, prayers and gifts. We are truly overwhelmed. Until then, stay at home and stay safe during this country’s tough period. Let’s hope we can kill the virus and be freely happy to go out and travel again. Xoxo. 

Updated 21 Oct 20 (day 19) - since there’s water disruption at mom’s house, me and Hafiz decided to go back to our home earlier and now I am already at our home sweet home. Got a lot of washing to be done, tons of laundry and finally it’s good to have the aircond back! I ordered the frozen confinement food for another 14 days so that Hafiz can focus on kids and other house chores while wfh and study for his exam. Such a superhusband and superdad :’) I have another 3 weeks to finish confinement. Let’s do this mommy!

No comments: